Winner is declared by:
• Referee Decision
Competition Time Limits:
•Qualifying Rounds = 5 minute round (by submission only)/ 5 minute round points).
5 minute overtime if needed when there is a draw or no advantage.
Submission Grappling Rules
Points (Positive Points):
Each position must be established for 3 seconds or more being out of any danger of submission in order for points to be awarded.
• Passing the guard = 3 points
• Knee on stomach = 2 points
• Mount position = 2 points
• Back mount with hooks = 3 points
• Takedown (ends Guard or Half Guard) = 2 points
• Clean Takedown (ends passed the guard) = 4 points
• Sweeps (ends Guard or Half Guard) = 2 points
• Clean Sweep (ends passed the guard) = 4 points
Action takes place on the mat and not in a cage. Grappling is emphasied and strikes are prohibited. Martial arts disciplines represented: Jiu Jitsu, Military Combatives, Wrestling, Judo, Sambo, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu(BJJ).
• When a fighter voluntarily jumps in the guard or goes from standing position to a non-standing position by any means and remains down for 3 seconds or more, he will be punished by a minus point.
• When a fighter disengages from contact and starts backing up and avoids engaging again he will be punished by minus point.
• A passive fighter will be warned twice and then will be punished by minus point. The referee will warn the passive player verbally. Any infraction afterwards will result in point(s) being deducted.
• If a fighter is very passive during the first half of the regular bout when there are no minuses, the referees will still give him/her WARNINGs for passivity and will punish him/her with a negative point when the second half of the bout commences.
• Any kind of choke (except for using the hand to close the wind pipe).
• No use of T-Shirt and no holding the shorts allowed
• Any arm bar, shoulder lock, or wrist lock
• Any Leg Lock or Ankle Lock
• Slamming can be used only in order to prevent a submission. Otherwise it is an illegal technique.
• Full Nelson" and "Crucifix
• No striking of any kind.
• No eye gouging or fish hooking.
• No grabbing the ears.
• No hair pulling.
• No finger or toe holds.
• No thumbing.
• No scratching and pinching.
• No kicking.
• No biting.
• No touching groin area,
• No hands, knees or elbows to the face.
• No slippery substances allowed on body or clothing.
Purest form of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
•Military Combatives vs. Jiu Jitsu
•Judo vs. Sambo
• Wrestling vs.Pankration
*Other mixed match-ups are possible